A Resting Place

"It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me."

Monday, March 21, 2005

Concert Tallies

Before I get into some serious meditations for Holy Week later on this week, I thought I'd do a fun little exercise. In making plans for the upcoming Gordon Lightfoot show in Toronto, I got to thinking about the concerts I've been to. I thought it would be fun to try to tally up all the artists I've seen and how many times I've seen them. I know I don't remember every single opening act, but here's my list, the best I can remember.

Andrew Peterson - 4 times as the main act.
Bob Dylan - 4 times, main act.
Bebo Norman - 4 times, 3 as main act, 1 as opening.
Barenaked Ladies - 4 times, main act.
Gordon Lightfoot - 3 times as main act (it'll be 4 in May).
Caedmons Call - 2 times as main act (both times before Derek Webb left).
Moxy Fruvous - 2 times, main act.
They Might Be Giants - 2 times, once as opening act, and once as main act.
Laura Story - 2 times, opening act.
Derek Webb - 1 time, main act.
Blues Traveler - 1 time, main act.
Michael Card - once, main act.
Newsboys - once, main act.
Rebecca St. James - once, main act.
Grateful Dead - once, main act (post-Garcia).
Eric Peters - once, opening act.
Andrew Osenga - once, opening act.
Jill Phillips - once, opening act.
The Nields - once, opening act.
Justin McRoberts - once, opening act.
Ani DiFranco - once, opening act.
Nicole Nordeman - once, opening act.
Scott Phillips - once, opening act.
PW Gopal - once, opening act.

I know there are a few that I just can't remember, but I recalled more opening acts than I expected!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home