A Resting Place

"It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me."

Thursday, January 13, 2005

at the same time...

(Read the post directly below before reading this)

I must admit that I agree with Michael Spencer that it is better to be an honest atheist than a fake Christian. So while I might think that the evidence some atheists are presenting is terribly biased against Christianity (and, if compared to other historical research on less controversial issues, would be shown to be quite poor), it is better to be real about who you are at this point in time than to pretend to be something that you're not. You'll only end up growing quite bitter against Christianity. Even I took a "sabbatical," if you will, from Christianity, and became a Unitarian Universalist (in theory - I never actually joined a congregation) for a year. And now here I am defending the faith I was once quite skeptical about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home