A Resting Place

"It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me."

Friday, May 13, 2005

gradumatation from my edumacation

I graduate tomorrow with an M.A. in theology. Which is weird because I don't have my thesis done yet. Because of the way the seminary schedule goes, and because they want the seminary students to walk in the same commencement as the Roberts Wesleyan students, there's a provision that if your course work is scheduled to be completed in June, you can walk in May of the same year.

There's something really weird about having no formal education lined up. I've been involved in some form of formal learning for 22 years straight. I think I'll plan for myself a bit of a learning schedule, and it will include a lot of the issues I've collected books on but been unable to dig into deeply. Open Theism. New Covenant Theology. Federal Vision. N.T. Wright. After all these years, I think I'm finally feeling like I'll be disciplined enough to start on an issue and see it through for a while.

Of course there's the question of further education, but I think I'll sit on that one for a while. I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home